Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about licenses and updates (Q&A)
1. I purchased the software and did not receive my license key, what should I do?
Most often this is due to spam filters or anti-virus programs. It is rare that an anti-virus program will block your license key, but some systems have blocked our emails as "junk" email. In this case you will need to contact us with an alternate email address.
2. When will I receive my product?
As soon as your payment is received, your license key is sent to you by email immediately. You can download the latest trial version from the download section and use your license key to unlock it.
3. Where can I read EULA?
You can read it here.
4. What is your upgrade policy?
Each license allows one year of free upgrades beginning from the date of purchase. After this year, you should contact us to receive a special upgrade offer, or continue to use the last working version. The version does not expire after one year.
5. Can I use my license key of the Home Edition to activate the Premium Edition?
Yes. The Home Edition just changed the name to the Premium.
Technical questions about the products (Q&A)
1. Where does BurnAware store its settings?
The settings are stored in the INI file placed in the Application Data directory (e.g., D:\Documents and Settings\USER_NAME\Application Data\burnaware.ini)
2. Where can I download previous versions?
Click here to visit downloads archive.
3. How do I finalize the disc after recording?
Insert the disc, launch the Data CD compilation, click OK to import the previous session, check the finalize disc option and burn the disc.
4. My DVD player cannot play a DVD-Video created with BurnAware, what can I do?
Some DVD players are unable to play RW discs; in this case using +R or -R may help. Please note that BurnAware is NOT DVD authoring software, so video files will be recorded in DVD-Video mode but not converted. If your recorder doesn't support video files, the DVD won't be played.
5. How do I resolve a problem with "Unable to detect recorder"?
Make sure that you have administrative rights, the firmware of your drive is up to date and latest version of BurnAware installed.
6. How to uninstall BurnAware?
Make sure that you closed BurnAware and all its modules, click Start and select BurnAware -> Uninstall BurnAware.